Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Final projects for the day...

Last night, I was very busy finishing up the challenges on scrapbook.com. I am putting them all in one post for now.

Get Out Challenge


For this challenge, we were asked to scrap a layout of getting out and about. I chose to scrap the spring break trip from last year. We went to sunset beach with my niece, my two daughters, my grandma, and my mother in law. We met some friends on the beach and had a blast. I went with a very simple design here as I really wanted the pictures to tell the story.
Here I have a layout that wasn't in the challenges, but I had time to spare so did an extra layout. I chose to use a sketch for this one. I picked the color scheme based on the photos of Maddie. I inked around the smaller paper using turqouise ink and the middle size paper I inked using lime green. I added rickrack instead of ribbon to go across the whole page and then a few flowers for embellishments and I was done.


He Loves Me Challenge
For this challenge, we were asked to make our own flower (handmade) and to scrap a layout of anything we wanted to. To start the description off, I want to tell you how to make the flower.

1. Get a scrap of paper you have in your stash. We all know we have scraps right. Now is a great time to use some of them. I used a nice pink for this flower.
2. Grab something round that you can trace around if you don't have a circle punch. I don't have a circle punch so, I used a bottle of Studio G Glitter Glue. I traced around it on the paper scraps.
3. Repeat step two until you have 6 or more circles. For this one, I used just 6 circles.
4. Pinch the circles to give your flower a little pleated dimention.
5. Glue 5 of the circles into a flower pattern keeping the pleat in place to give your flower that pleated look.
6. Take the last circle and run glue around the edge of it on the bottom side. Adhere this circle to the center of the flower.
7. Using anything you want to be your flower center, glue it on top of the center of you flower. This can be bling, buttons, fibers that you have put in a circular pattern, sticles, brads, etc. It really is up to you.
8. To adhere the flower to your page, if you do not use brads, you will be gluing it to the page. If you use a brad, simply use a piercer to poke a hole in your page, then you can attach it using the center of the flower.

Now for the goodies of the page, another sketch was used for the design. I journaled on it telling about Kenzie's love for riding the bus and that I am in love with the natural reflection in the bus window.

I hope that I have given you some inspiration and taught you something new :)

Have a Great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment